EL DORADO — A single gunshot that resulted in the death of a 7-year-old boy late last month has been ruled accidental, according to El Dorado police.
Police declined to publicly identify the victim and the alleged shooter, citing their ages — both were minors — and a desire to protect the privacy of the family “during a difficult time.”
The boy died on June 25 at Medical Center of South Arkansas.
Officers were called to MCSA in reference to a “crowd control issue” and learned that the boy had been transported to the hospital by private vehicle after becoming unresponsive at home.
He died a short time later, police said.
Investigators said the boy had been shot with a small-caliber handgun and that family members were unaware that the gun was inside the house at the time.