Category Archives: Weather

El Dorado braces for colder weekend temperatures

Those hoping the changeover from February to March would give some winter weather reprieve will be sorely disappointed this weekend as temperatures continue to plummet into the 20s, according to the National Weather Service. Heading into Saturday, the high is … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Entergy prepares for wide-sweeping outages

As of 3:50 p.m. Wednesday only 114 customers statewide were without power — two in Union County — but that doesn’t mean Entergy Arkansas isn’t preparing for wide-sweeping outages following a line of ice and thunderstorms across the state Wednesday … Continue reading

Posted in Business, By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Batten down the hatches: Gusty winds, storms likely

The National Weather Service has issued a lake wind advisory for El Dorado in effect until 9 p.m. tonight, cautioning against winds gusting on average between 15 to 25 m.p.h. and as high as 35 m.p.h. A high of 79 … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Winter weather causes closures, wrecks

Inclement weather has resulted in a number of closures throughout Union County where slippery ice-coated roads have resulted in “quite a few” personal injury wrecks, according to Union County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Bill Hickman. Hickman was unsure at the … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, Education, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Day of sunshine makes way for wet weather return

Enjoy the beautiful weather today while it lasts because as soon as the weekend hits, temperatures are expected to plummet and the rain has an 80 percent chance of returning, according to the National Weather Service. Today has been a … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Rain, rain, rain

El Dorado may be able to skip out on the freezing precipitation expected to hit central and north Arkansas on Friday, but that doesn’t mean the region will get off completely water free. According to the National Weather Service, some … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Non-seasonal weather whips through El Dorado

Heading into Christmas week, El Dorado is expected to see some non-seasonal weather with highs breaching into the 70s by Wednesday before they plummet into the 50s on Thursday. According to the National Weather Service, El Dorado can thank anticipated … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Storm clouds rolls in

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, Weather | Leave a comment

NWS: Sunny, clear and cool weekend ahead

The National Weather Service is predicting clear and sunny (albeit slightly cool) skies throughout the weekend leading into a 30 percent chance of showers Monday evening. According to the NWS forecast, high temperatures continue to hold steady in the mid- … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Fuel, storm complicate Sandy relief efforts

Rumors of severe gasoline shortages and an ice storm anticipated to land in New York in two days have compounded relief work along the front lines of where Hurricane Sandy ripped across the eastern seaboard late last month. A photo … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, Flooding, Gas Prices, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Arkansans stranded in Sandy wake

Hurricane Sandy hasn’t just displaced those on the eastern seaboard, but also 10 Little Rock high school students and teachers who traveled to New York to compete in the Empire Mock Trial World Championship tournament. According to Arkansas Online, when … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, Education, News, Weather | Leave a comment

Thunderstorms possible through the weekend

For some strange reason, the storms seem to consistently hit on the weekends in El Dorado and the upcoming one is predicted to be no different with a 60 percent chance of rain Saturday night and a 40 percent chance … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

NWS: El Nino could lend itself to a stormy season

In timing with a downward temperature swing following steady rain earlier in the week, the National Weather Service is predicting a stormy season as summer slowly gives way to fall. According to Arkansas Online, John Robinson, of the NWS, said … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | Leave a comment

NWS: “Hot”

The temperature this afternoon is described by one soul-crushing word on the National Weather Service website: “hot.” But a cold front moving in this weekend could offer some relief. Thursday through Tuesday is expected to be marked by a cold … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Weather | 1 Comment

Advisory cautions against outdoor activity

The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory until 7 p.m. tonight with expected heat index values up to 109 degrees resulting from a mixture of high heat and humidity. Residents are urged to keep indoors as much as … Continue reading

Posted in By Allison Gatlin, Health, News, Weather | Leave a comment