This time next week I’ll be stuffing my face with Thanksgiving food and putting ornaments on the Christmas tree. I can’t believe how fast 2013 has gone by. It’s almost time for the New Year, but before this year is up, El Dorado has plenty of festive events planned for the community.
• Downtown Lighting Ceremony — 6 p.m. on Nov. 21 in downtown El Dorado.
• Mistletoe Market — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 23 at the El Dorado Conference Center. General admission is $3 or $2 with the donation of a canned good.
• Downtown Open House — All day Saturday and Sunday afternoon on Nov. 23-24 in Union Square District. The PJ’s Express holiday train will be offering rides, musicians will be performing and horse-drawn carriage rides will be available.
• Handel’s Messiah — 4 p.m. on Nov. 24 at First Presbyterian Church. Admission is free.
• A 1940s Radio Christmas Carol — Nov. 29-30, Dec. 1-8 at 7:30 p.m. and at 2:30 p.m. on Sundays. Tickets are available by calling the SAAC box office at 870-862-5474.
• Christmas in Candyland Parade — 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 on North West Ave. For more information, visit www.goeldorado.com/parade.
• The Nativity — 7 p.m. on Dec. 12 at the South Arkansas Arts Center. Admission is free, however, donations are gladly accepted.
• Christmas on the Ranch — 1-3 p.m. on Dec. 14 at Hope Landing.
• Pictures with Santa and gift wrapping fundraiser — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 14 at Mellor Park Mall at the inside doors of TJ Maxx. Pictures with Santa will be $5 and gifts will be wrapped for $1-$5.
• The Nutcracker — 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 14 at the El Dorado Municipal Auditorium. Tickets available on www.southarkansassymphony.org.
For more information on an event, or to add an event to the list leave a comment below! Also, new poll available.