Apple made iOS 7 available on Wednesday to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users as a FREE software update.
The new software comes with more than 200 new features including iTune radio and a revamped look for the control center.
Having an iPhone, I updated Wednesday to see the changes for myself. After updating my phone, I literally felt like I had a brand new device in my hand. Here are a couple of changes that I think you might like to know about:
• Text Messaging – The keyboard is larger!
• Notification Center – The notification center is completely remodeled. It now has three tabs at the top labeled “today,” “all” and “missed.” The today feature gives you a glimpse of your day with a summary of your meetings and events, traffic and weather (no longer pictures at the top to illustrate weather, it’s now all words). All of this can be customized to your liking (as far as removing the calendar or weather from that tab.)
• Camera – You can now take pictures using a filter! Also, your photos are organized in “moments” meaning by the time or location a photo was taken.
• Safari — Has a redesigned user interface, and a new view for your bookmarks and Safari tabs.
•Siri – Siri now has a male counterpart (male voice) and she can also talk in other females voices.
• Notification sound- Tired of hearing the same typical iPhone ring or alarm? Well, your prayers are answered they have changed the sound. Now, if you have your sound set up for a specific ringer don’t worry you can keep it that way.
In order to upgrade your Apple devices, you must have 3 GB of space and be connected to wifi when you are downloading it to your device. If you have any questions or want more information let me know!