Poor Paula Deen?

If you haven’t picked up a newspaper or watched TV lately, Paula has gotten herself in a world of trouble for admitting using the N-word.

Today, Target Corp. and Home Depot, Inc. announced it is severing all ties with southern home cooker Paula Deen.

Deen has already been cut from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Also, Food Network is not renewing her show and her name is being stripped from four buffet restaurants owned by Caesars Entertainment.

Should we forgive her? Accept her apology and say it’s OK it happened a long time ago when it was “acceptable?”

Is society being too hard on her? Too judgmental?
Or does she deserve it?

This entry was posted in Business, By Sherelle Black, News. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Poor Paula Deen?

1. The Lone Reader says:

It is my understanding that she said the word that must not be spoken in the 1960′s, when describing how she had literally had a gun against her head while working as a bank teller during a robbery. Add to that she said it to her husband.

Redd Foxx used to have a joke where he picked out a member of the audience. Always white and usually a woman. He would ask her, “Have you ever said $hit or ni66er?” They would always say, “No.” His response was, “Then come out to my car. I’ll slam your hand in the door. I’ll bet you will say both.”

2. JHK says:

Forgive her? For what??

3. fcs25 says:

Ni66er is the same as a black calling a white person a cracker…so get over it.We have become a nation of cry babes.

The use of any racial slur against any race should not be condoned. In my opinion, a “pass” should not be given to anybody whether they are purple, blue, black, white or orange. I would also like to inform readers that the complaint filed against Paula Deen goes much farther than her using the N-word years ago. The person who filed the complaint is in fact a white female who was fed up with her black employees being treated like animals. Here is a short summary of some of the things being alleged against Deen and her brother Bubba Hiers:

Paula Deen, while planning her brother’s wedding in 2007, was asked what look the wedding should have. She replied, “I want a true southern plantation-style wedding.” When asked what type of uniforms the servers should wear, Paula stated, “well what I would really like is a bunch of little n*ggers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around;

Black staff had to use the back entrance to enter and leave restaurant;

Black staff could only use one bathroom;

Black staff couldn’t work the front of the restaurants;

Brother Bubba stated his wishes: “ I wish I could put all those n*ggers in the kitchen on a boat to Africa”;

Bubba asked a black driver and security guard “don’t you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? You just look dirty; I bet you wish you could.” The guy told Bubba he was fine as is;

Bubba on President Obama: they should send him to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, so he could n*gger-rig it;

He shook an employee (Black again) and said” F your civil rights…you work for me and my sister Paula Deen;

Paula’s son Jaime’s best friend managed the Lady & Sons restaurant. He threatened to fire all the ‘Monkeys’ in the kitchen. When Paula found out…she slapped him on the wrist and suggested that the employee visited Paula’s $13,000,000 mansion so he felt special and could be massaged.

If you would like more information on the case, please feel free to look it up on the internet. Please note that while I don’t condone these actions, I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that.

Why the irrelevant fuel added about what her brother said? You started by stating what Paula said in one paragraph and four of the last six were about her brother. I’m sure you can find anything you want it to say on the internet if you look long enough. Who cares what her brother said… The article is “Poor Paula Deen?” not poor “bubba”.

I stated I was giving a summary of the case and the allegations being made against them. Paula and her brother are both involved in the same case, therefore making him relevant. No, he isn’t Paula but you asked forgive her for what? Well, condoning her brother’s behavior and allowing him to utter those words is definitely another reason she should be apologizing. If you’re going to be in business with family and have them represent you, they should probably know how to act accordingly.