Buffet Palace to take the place of Ryan’s

A representative of Realty Income confirmed today that what was formerly Ryan’s would be replaced with Buffet Palace in September.

Ryan’s, at 2740 N. West Ave., closed in March as part of a nationwide shutdown of under-performing restaurants owned and operated by Buffets Inc.

Taking its place, Buffet Palace will feature an “array of Asian cuisine such as sushi and Mongolian BBQ, in addition to the traditional Chinese buffet,” according to an email from Tere Miller, vice president of corporate communications for Income Realty, the California that owns the building.

This entry was posted in Business, By Allison Gatlin, Entertainment, Family, News. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Buffet Palace to take the place of Ryan’s

1. The Lone Reader says:

Sushi in El Dorado. No chance of food poisoning there.

Personally, I’m allergic to most of what goes into sushi. I’m much more excited for the Mongolian barbecue.

3. Ashley says:

I am excited about actually having somewhere to eat when I come home to visit my family. Sushi in El Dorado sounds pretty darn great to me! WAY TO GO!!

4. Vicky says:

Yay! Another Chinese buffet.

5. J. Randal Harvey says:

Mongolian barbecue? I love BBQ, but what exactly is this??

If it’s what I’m accustomed to, it involves selecting the food you’d like grilled — meats, veggies, noodles, sauce — from a buffet line and then turning it over to an employee who will cook the food on a hibachi grill. Of course keep in mind this is simply just what I’ve encountered when going to mongolian barbecue restaurants, this concept could be completely different.

Sushi = bait. :)

8. Rubi says:

Sushi = squishy fishy … yuk

9. Prof. Youratwat Arentyou says:

Chinese. It’s good. Unless your diabetic or a heart patient. Then, it’s bad. Real bad. MSG, sugar, salt. Go easy see. I was institutionalized in Ryans. I will be sitting in the same bldg thinking about thanksgivings past and Sunday morning breakfasts while I eat Chinese. That’s going to be weird. But what isn’t nowdays. Makes a political statement kinda too. All at the same time. Weird. That is weird.