Santorum announces 2012 intentions

Time to start making a 2012 tally of those who’ve said they’ll run, those who are out, and those who are still hemming and hawing over the matter *cough* HuckaTrump *cough.*

This morning viewers of “Good Morning America” woke up to Rick Santorum and his announcement that he would be joining the ranks of those who’ve officially declared their names for the upcoming presidential run. He joins a long list of “celebrity” runners and relatively unheard of hopefuls.

So far announced (in no particular order):
• Newt Gingrich
• Herman Cain
• Gary Johnson
• Fred Karger
• Andy Martin
• Jimmy McMillan
• Ron Paul
• Tim Pawlenty (of the epic commercial)
• Mitt Romney
• Jonathon Sharkey

Though the two called it quits a few weeks back on the 2012 race, Mike Huckabee and Donald Trump have also resumed their eternal tease of the press with recent statements that “everything is still open” and “I could absolutely run as an independent, and maybe I’d be better off.”

I’ll let you all levy your guesses as to which statement is attributed to which head of the monster.

This entry was posted in By Allison Gatlin, News, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Santorum announces 2012 intentions

Romney 2012…. My hat says so.

2. Keith Owens says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Herman Cain in 2012!! I like everything about him – he’s conservative, plain-spoken and not afraid to speak his mind!

Ron Paul may not win the presidency but in the not too distant future the American people will wish he had. Check out http://inflation.us for what there is every reason to believe is the future of the U.S. economy.

Oh come on. Nobody get’s the hat joke?

Maybe I haven’t had enough coffee yet today, Lone Reader, the only thing I can think of is you’re making a Harry Potter reference. My Magic Eight Ball keeps coming up with “ask again later,” so your hat wins.

And what every you do don’t Google “Santorum”

That’s like triple-dog daring the 10-year-old boy not to stick his tongue to the icy flagpole in “A Christmas Story.” At least you forewarned me, wish I’d listened.

While I appreciate those who are interested in the ‘National’ news, I could turn on any of at least a half dozen channels and get these updates from dozens of talking heads. What I can’t do is find out local information on ANY other site or station (beside Topix) and we all know it is 99% Bull. I think at the minimum we could have at least a mention with any updates of a shooting at a popular local establishment where three people were shot. Sorry this is off-topic, but there is no other place to voice my feelings on the matter. Okay I’m off my soapbox now, back to regularly scheduled programming.

If you check the paper today you’ll find a story about the alleged shooter’s first appearance in Union County District Court yesterday where his bond was set at a much lower value than the $500,000 the prosecutor’s office asked for. As for the victims, the hospital is restricted by HIPPA from giving us updates as to their conditions.

Thank you. That was just an example of local information that I’d like you to share, if at all possible. Thank you for providing those of us interested in local news a reliable site to check in on.

11. James says:

AFM: Subscribe to the facebook and twitter feeds. You’ll get updates in real time. Admin can give details on how to do that.