Ryan’s closes its doors

The Northwest Avenue Ryan’s closed today with little fanfare and only a notice on the door to serve customers with the information.

A huge shout-out to blog commentators Ken Hamilton and J. Randal Harvey for getting the news to me early on. Thanks for the tip guys!

Look for more information in tomorrow’s News-Times as to the specifics behind the closure.

This entry was posted in Business, By Allison Gatlin, News. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ryan’s closes its doors

How the place stayed open this long amazes me.

I’ve eaten there twice. The food was mediocre at best. But what stopped me from ever going back was the time I watched a guy take a sip of soup out of the ladle and then put it back. That alone would be bad enough but an employee watched him do and didn’t pull the soup bowl off the line.

2. Keith Owens says:

Not gonna miss it – good riddance!!

Hey Keith, what about the people who are suddenly out of a job in this horrible economy? Good riddance to them too? This has got to be one of the most disrespectful post on this forum since I started reading it. These people, who WORKED are now suddenly, unexpectidly unemployed. Not to mention another empty building in El Dorado…

4. Keith Owens says:

AFM – I meant no disrespect to the workers – only the restaurant itself. The food was simply awful and I would rather see more local eateries than national chains! Besides, there are plenty of jobs in the area for good food service workers – I constantly hear from restaurant owners who can’t find enough good help!

BTW, I’m sure that a building in front of a WalMart Supercenter will not be empty for very long!

5. ArVet says:

Hey AFM – If a business is losing money is it incumbent upon them to continue paying salaries? We are not socialistic yet – just getting there and it’s scary.

Nope ArVet, not at all. I think it was the “suddenness” of the situation. Job one day, gone the next- literally. I don’t fault the owners for anything other than not giving the employees notice.