Burger King commercial banned

bk.png

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (AP) — The Burger King is safe, at least in Costa Rica.

Government officials said Friday they have banned commercials for the hamburger chain that depict mothers trying to run over company’s plastic-headed signature character or hire a hit man to kill him because their kids prefer burgers to home-cooked meals.

The vice minister of the interior, Ana Duran, said the commercials on national TV trivialized violence.

The Costa Rican newspaper La Nacion on Friday published a letter from a mother asking how she was supposed to explain to her 5-year-old son why somebody was trying to kill the Burger King.

“It’s outrageous that companies like Burger King make commercials using the promotion of killings in this country,” the woman, Ingrid Moya Aguilar, wrote.

Miami-based Burger King Holdings Inc. sent a statement to The Associated Press saying company officials have not been notified of the action by the Costa Rican government, but that Burger King is sensitive to cultural and geographic concerns wherever it operates.

This entry was posted in By John Worthen, News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Burger King commercial banned

1. Mike says:

LOL,
    Thank Goodness they Banned those commercials…as long as I can still buy underaged prostitutes in Costa Rica!!!!!!!

2. The Guy After Mike says:

Looks like Mike there never learned that you don’t randomly capitalize words in the middle of sentences. But the 7 exclamation points? Brilliant.

3. Susan says:

4. Rick says:

I find Burger King commercials disgusting, especially the new one where the jerk crashes into the people in front of them asking for napkins. My opinion is if you are if a Burger King parking lot and are in an accident sue Burger King because they seem to be telling people it’s ok to crash into cars in their parking lot. Mindless violence!

5. Tica says:

The current poor taste the Burger King commercials have left in my mouth will keep me from ever going back to their chain of restaurants. Why on earth would BK take a kids cartoon like sponge bob and turn it into a booty fest. I have small kids that love the cartoon, enough of the trying to sexualize everything my kids see. I’d rather eat a poorer tasting sandwich at McDonalds whose commercials simply focus on fun.

6. Rebecca H says:

“I will change the channel every time I see a Buger King commercial. They are disgusting, and why in the world is it necessary to add gay or sexual type comments to a burger commercial??? I am very offended, and hate the way America is headed with this sort of “selling technique”. WHY is it helpful in selling a breakfast meal.”

I agree with what Susan above mentioned and I quote her!
    It is degrading and an insult to people and to the commercial public.

7. Isaiah says:

Why in the world would Burger King even make that?! That is perverted, and its not suitible for young children. Also, they just probably put rectangular boxes up their butts (sorry about that)! Thank Lord this is banned. I never want to see it again.